Snow & Truck Routes
10.44.030 Routes Designated. The following routes and streets in the City of Granite City are hereby designated as Snow Emergency Routes:
A. Pontoon Road from Illinois State Route 3 to the existing corporate City lines at or near the Alton & Southern Railroad Track.
B. Maryville Road from RTE 203 to Illinois Route 162; thence Illinois Route 162 to East 23rd Street; thence East 23rd Street to Adams Street.
C. 20th Street & Missouri Avenue from Edwardsville Rd northward to W 25th Street; thence W 25th Street from Missouri Avenue to Ohio Avenue; also W 22nd Street from Rock Road to Missouri Avenue.
D. Madison Avenue from Nameoki Road southwardly to the corporate boundaries near 14th Street.
E. State Street from 20th Street to 14th Street.
F. Niedringhaus Avenue from Illinois State Route 3 to Washington Avenue, then Washington Avenue to Nameoki Road; also 21st Street from Madison Avenue to Edwardsville Road.
G. Adams Street from Niedringhaus Avenue to 27th Street; then 27th Street from Adams Street to Nameoki Road.
H. 25th Street from Washinton Avenue to Nameoki Drive; thence Nameoki Drive from 25th Street to Missouri Avenue.
I. 19th Street from Cleveland Blvd to W 20th Street; thence W 20th Street to Illinois State Route 3; also Rock Road from W 20th Street to Illinois State Route 3.
J. Fehling Road from 27th Street to Nameoki Road; thence Johnson Road from Nameoki Road to Pontoon Road.
K. Wabash Avenue from Johnson Road to Courtney Drive.
L. Victory Drive from Nameoki Road to Maryville Road.
M. Edwards Street from Washington Avenue to Anchorage Avenue; thence Anchorage Avenue between Edwards Street and 25th Street; thence 25th Street between Nameoki Road and Anchorage Drive.
N. St. Clair Avenue from Nameoki Road to Maryville Road.
O. Edgewood Avenue from Johnson Road to Elm Avenue.
P. Faith Avenue from Nameoki Road to Wayne; thence Wayne Avenue from Faith Road to Johnson Road.
Q. Parkview Drive from Maryville road to Mockingbird Lane.
R. State Street from Fehling Road to 27th Street
S. Terrace Lane from Johnson Road to Pontoon Road.
T. 29th Street from Nameoki Drive to Missouri Avenue.
U. Emert Street from Edgewood Road to Maryville Road.
V. Clark Avenue from Johnson Road to Maryville Road.
Click here for a map of the designated snow routes.
Designated Truck Routes in Granite CityThe following streets are designated truck routes in the City of Granite City:
• Adams Street from 20th Street to 22nd Street
• Century Drive from 22nd Street to 25th Street
• Cleveland Boulevard from 16th Street to 20th Street
• Rock Road from 19th Street to Illinois Route 3
• State Street from 14th Street to 16th Street
• Lee Avenue from 20th Street to 21st Street
• Madison Avenue from 20th Street to 14th Street
• Missouri Ave. from Illinois Route 3 to 25th St.
• Niedringhaus Ave from the Railroad Tracks to Cleveland Boulevard
• West Pontoon Road. from Illinois Route 3 to Missouri Avenue
• Illinois Route 3
• Illinois Route 203 commonly referred to as Nameoki Road from I-270 to Illinois
• Route 162
• Illinois Route 203 commonly referred to as Edwardsville Road from Illinois
• Route 162 to the city limits
• Illinois Route 162 from Illinois Route 203 to the city limits
• 16th Street from Madison Avenue to Niedringhaus Avenue
• 18th Street one way only southbound from Niedringhaus Avenue to Cleveland Boulevard
• 19th Street from Cleveland Boulevard to Rock Road
• 20th Street from Illinois Route 203 to Madison Avenue
• 20th Street from Cleveland Boulevard to Missouri Avenue
• West 20th Street from Missouri Avenue to Rock Road
• 21st Street from Illinois Route 203 to Lee Avenue
• 22nd Street from Adams to Century Drive
Click here for a map of the designated truck routes.
Exceptions to the established truck routes:
All trucks exceeding 5 tons shall be operated only over and along the designated truck routes established by ordinance except as follows:
1. The operation of trucks upon any officially established detour in any case where such trucks cannot
be operated along the designated through truck route
2. When the truck is specifically directed to deviate by a police officer of the City of Granite City
3. When any truck originating within the City of Granite City with a destination point outside the city must
travel over streets not included in the through truck route in order to reach the nearest through truck
4. Trucks making local deliveries may deviate from the through truck route only to make a local delivery
and then may only deviate via the shortest maneuverable route to the destination point and must then
return to the nearest truck route via the same manner.