02-07-17 The Granite City Police Department and the Board of Police and Fire Commissioners are announcing the release of applications to establish an eligibility list for the position of probationary patrolman. The below listed dates are important dates to remember as the process proceeds.
February 13th - Applications can be obtained at the Police Department.
March 13th - The last day to submit completed applications at the Police Department. No applications will be accepted after 3:30 PM.
March 20th - Candidate orientation 7:00 PM GC City Hall.
April 1st - Physical and written testing of candidates at SWIC.
A career in a community oriented law enforcement agency can be yours if you want a job that offers: challenge, excitement, variety, teamwork and job satisfaction, opportunities for special assignments and career development, opportunities for promotion, incentives for going to college, a benefit package including health and dental coverage and tax deferred savings plans, and an excellent retirement program.
School Resource Officer
The S.A.B.R.E Program
Special Response Team
Do YOU Have What it Takes?
|Integrity||Interest in People||Interpersonal Sensitivity|
|Communication Skills||Problem Solving Ability||Judgment under Pressure|
|Willingness to Confront Problems||Credibility as a Witness||Observational Skills|
|Physical Ability||Desire for Self-Improvement||Operation of a Motor Vehicle|
Police Officer Requirements
• Age 21 to 35 (or 20 with a 2 year Law Enforcement Degree) |
• Possess an Associates degree or have at least 64 semester hours OR 3 years as a full time police
officer and be presently certified.
• Pass Police Basic Training Academy
• Have Valid Driver’s License
• Reside in Granite City within 90 days after being hired.
• Have 20/20 vision or 20/50 binocular vision correctable to 20/20 with glasses.
• Not be color blind.
• Written test
• Physical agility test
• Background investigation
• Oral exam
• Polygraph examination
• Psychological examination
• Medical / Physical exam
• Drug Screen
• Sold illegal drugs for profit at any time in life
• Been convicted of a felony
• Been convicted of any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude
• Been dismissed from any public service for good cause
• Been addicted to the use of intoxicating beverages or drugs/narcotics
• Must have satisfactory character or employment references
Salary & Benefits
• Starting Salary = $47,538.78 annual
• Salary after 1 year = $66,315.20 annual
• Holiday Pay
• College Incentive
• College Bonus Pay
• Medical Insurance
• Options for Overtime
• Vacation Pay