We are currently not accepting applications.
The current eligibility is in effect until September 1, 2016
The Qualifications listed below are not complete. For a complete listing of qualifications, please refer to the Rules & Regulations enclosed in each application packet.
1. Be at least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age at the time of appointment.
2. Possess or be able to obtain a valid Illinois driver’s license.
3. Pass a written examination, oral interview, background investigation, polygraph test, psychological exam, physical agility test, various job related tests and a thorough medical examination.
4. According to City Ordinance #4811, shall become actual resident (domiciled) in the City of Granite City within 90 days after being hired. The establishment and maintenance of primary residence within the City of Granite City shall be a condition of continued employment for said employee.
5. Be licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health as an Emergency Medical
Technician/Basic or equivalent, prior to receiving application.
6. Have a high school diploma or GED.
7. Have 20/20 vision or at least 20/50 binocular vision without glasses, correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be colorblind.
8. Be able to obtain five letters of reference.
Granite City is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BOARD OF FIRE AND POLICE COMMISSIONERS GRANITE CITY, ILLINOIS