Family Disaster Kit:
• A 3 day water supply (1 gallon per person per day).
• Ready to eat canned meats, fruits and vegetables.
• Canned juices, milk, soup, sugar, salt & pepper.
• High energy foods, peanut butter, trail mix, granola bars.
• Vitamins, medications.
• First-aid kit with non prescription drugs such as, aspirin, anti-diarrhea medication, antacid, laxatives.
• Paper plates with plastic utensils and cups.
• Emergency preparedness manual
• Battery operated radio.
• Flashlight & extra batteries.
• Non-electric can opener, utility knife.
• Tool kit, fire extinguisher – ABC type.
• Matches or a lighter in a waterproof container, plastic storage containers.
• Needles & thread.
• A map of the area for finding shelters.
• Soap, liquid detergent, household bleach, disinfectant, plastic garbage bags.
• Plastic sheeting, duct tape and scissors for sheltering in place
• Plastic bucket with a tight lid.
• Personal hygiene supplies, toilet paper, towelettes, etc.
• Sturdy shoes or work boots.
• Rain gear, hat & gloves, thermal underwear, sunglasses.
• Blankets or sleeping bags.
• Baby items, formula, diapers, bottles, powdered milk.
• Adult items, prescription medication, denture needs.
• Contact lenses, extra eye glasses.
• Important documents – Keep these records in a waterproof container:
• Will, insurance policies, contracts, deeds, stocks & bonds.
• Passports, social security cards, immunization & other medical records.
• Doctors name, address & phone numbers. Other important phone numbers.
• Bank account numbers, credit card account numbers. Cash, travelers checks
• Photographs, inventory of valuable household goods.
• Family records including birth, marriage & death certificates.
How to Make a Family Disaster Plan
Prepare Your Home for a Disaster
Severe Weather Preparedness Guide
Disaster Preparedness for your Pet
Evacuation & Snow Routes Map
Home Shelter Preparedness
Boil Order Guidelines
How do I Prepare for A(n):